St. Paul Lutheran Church
General Information for St. Paul
We are currently requesting pastors from the District Pulpit supply list to fill in while we are in vacancy. We feel blessed that so many talented pastors have placed their names on this list.
The church is operating normally. Sunday Services, all programs, Sunday school, Adult Bible class and other church functions will continue as they have in the past as we start our journey to calling a new pastor for St. Paul.
The Congregational President has empaneled a call committee to start the process of selecting a course of action using the LCMS Texas District guidelines which are published on the Texas District Website for those that might want to look at what’s involved in the prescribed call process. This committee will assemble and evaluate all of the data required by the call process and present recommendations to the congregation of St. Paul for their consideration and decision on a path forward. While this may be a time of concern for our members, it should also be looked at as an opportunity to expand the congregation in new directions and move forward.
Please check back here often, and I will post updated information as it becomes available. Jan Johnson, our Adult Bible Study leader, has started a new series.
Come visit St. Paul and worship with us!
Elder Steve – webmaster
St. Paul Lutheran Church
Pastoral Profile Survey
December 6, 2017
The Pastoral Profile Survey was administered and available to members of St. Paul Lutheran Church from approximately October 12, 2017 until November 14, 2017. Seventeen individuals responded to the survey.
With respect to the skills and characteristics of St. Paul’s next pastor, respondents:
- Expressed a relative preference for a pastor who prioritizes assisting the congregation in outreach, leading worship, and exerting skill and energy in preaching;
- Expressed a relative preference for a pastor who develops leaders, while expressed a relative lack of preference for a pastor who is an innovator;
- Expressed a relative preference for a pastor who preaches sermons that relate to current issues or matters of life and include metaphors or stories, while expressing a relative lack of preference for a pastor who preaches sermons that call for action;
- Expressed a relative preference for a pastor who teaches youth confirmation classes and who provides spiritual formation for individual Christians;
- Expressed a relative preference for a pastor who is skilled in visitation of the elderly and a modest preference for a pastor who is skilled in youth ministry.
With respect to the characteristics of St. Paul congregation, respondents:
- Expressed a relative preference for a traditional and/or blended style of worship;
- Expressed a relative preference for a communion policy that administers the sacrament to those who have been educated in what Scripture teaches about the sacrament;
- See a wide variety of ministries as available to men in the church;
- See a smaller, but significant, variety of ministries as available to women in the church;
- Expressed a strong interest in moving out into the community with a ministry led by the congregation.
The call committee is strongly advised to take into account the results of this survey when considering a list of candidates for the position, and the congregation is strongly advised to consider the results of the survey when issuing a call. It will be important to ascertain potential pastors’ skills and characteristics in regard to the items in the second paragraph above and his preferences in regard to the items in the paragraph immediately above.
Due to the Pastoral Vacancy at St. Paul, we will have an abbreviated Christmas schedule this year:
Dec. 10th Pastor Scott Stewart (Order of Morning Service)
Dec. 17th Pastor Donn Williams (Holy Communion Service)
Dec. 24th Pastor David Cecil (Order of Morning Service)
Dec. 31th Pastor Leslie Judge (Holy Communion Service)
Larry Foltz and his Classic Red 1957 Chevrolet will be on the third episode of “The Great Christmas Light Fight” where he (dressed as Santa Claus) will deliver the Master of Ceremonies and the Trophy to the winning contestant. Continue reading
If you would like to re-read past sermons, they are archived under the “sermons” tab at the top of the home page. They extend from July 2, 2017 all the way back to August 19, 2012.
A shortcut way to access them is to click a month/year link under “Archives” on the right side of the home page where you will notice monthly archive links. Under those you can find the sermons posted for that particular month. If you click on the header that contains the “Sermon for” and a date, it will display the sermon that was posted for that date.
Elder Steve – webmaster